Monday, February 09, 2009

What Happened Day Before...

My mother called me just like any other day. We had our normal conversation about how she spoke to my nephew. How she would take him out everyday once she is banglore...how was my life going?Teasing me with how my work was no work and inquiring on what I ate.

Just before hanging up she said she watched Slumdog. I was like, when? She said, "yesterday night show." I think I was very proud and elated to hear that at her age of 59 she still retains the youth in her to go catch a night show alone with her sister that too in a two wheeler. Post the movie, both my mother and my aunt went to this 'chai bandi' close to the theatre and sat there to drink tea. On their way back they even managed to go for a drive and also had a small accident, which to her was funny, so much so that, while telling me about it she couldn't stop laughing. In my family people just admire and are in awe of the Patnaik sisters...(my mother's maiden last name)They have always been the ones full of life and living it with everything they have.

Even me, have all my life beleived her to be an adventurous woman...who loves to live life to the fullest on her own accord. Just that off late perhaps I had overlooked this aspect of hers....but getting reminded of it was one of the sweetest surprises, I have had in some time. She is the most fierce, most adventurous, most strong, most loving, most caring, and most independent person I have known in my life. I only wish if me and my sister could get even an ounce of her personality in us...

Love You Ma!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

very nice post......what accident? hope they are fine...well if she was laughing about it then obviously they are...good....btw didn't know that anyone still uses the word 'ounce' nowadays

Runa said...

The archaic me always uses such words...don't worry they escaped without a scratch...infact they teased each other about it later.

Anonymous said...

36 yrs from now can we imagine a life like dat between borthers and sisters.....they still hold it and i am really proud of that and at the ame time i miss manni ma after reading ur blog.....and u know movie which i was writing last sat is also based on the lines that how the brothers ans sisiters start missing there 30 years back life "THE RED BUCKET"

Runa said...

you just wrote what I had felt while writing the post...even i missed Manni Ma and I was reminded of the rourkela trips we used to have.

I think your movie idea is great. start writing it out.

Aashaayen said...

yaara,tell me some thing about rsd bucket.mera i.q. ekdam zero hai..........

Runa said...

arrey...kuch nahi aise toh...just that ki haman gana gaat rehen (100-150 gana gayen in one sitting) and bubloo har lal bucket mein tabla bajat rihis....but ek memorable raat rihis ekar bar likhe