Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I Don't know...

Sometimes, its very difficult to realize why you are feeling the way you are. There is no justification. In the sense, the recent past events have nothing happening in it to explain your present emotion or the way you feel. Last night, I had a wonderful time with friends, who selflessly indulge me, and yet the morning made me sad. Waking up today, I had this empty feeling in my heart, so empty that it aches of nothingness. 

Hollow,
every morning,
the world becomes a vacuum 
and my heart sucks into the emptiness.
Delighted, it sings songs of misery
Relishes every drop of sad melody
till it can take no more...
no more of what I see
cracked-up faces smiling, false smiles
Social niceties traumatize me
and I see them basking in it
I feel lonely and alienated

Is this how it was supposed to be?
I was supposed to live a happy life
and not get sucked and consumed
by the rest...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

sorry u felt sad on waking up today morning, next time it happens, u can call me n talk abt it. seriously, no probs on my part.

Prabhat Tripathi said...

it is sad to see you sad but it is beautiful watching sadness even meaninglessness in this form. carry on. Bade PAPA

Runa said...

thanks guys...

Siddharth Tripathy said...

grow fat - more than sadness and happiness - words are more akin to fatness and thinness -

Good words some of them in your write - I liked the prose part more

Runa said...

yah even I feel that I should start writing more prose now...

Unknown said...

You are very articulate and I didnt know sadness can sound sooo beautiful. You have given life to feeling through words that are felt strongly but seldom expressed.

Keep going.